noun (plural Emmys)
- A statuette awarded annually to an outstanding television program or performer.More example sentences
- His work has received countless awards, including eight Emmys.
- He has won two Emmys for Outstanding Game Show Host.
- Multiple awards including an Academy Award, an Academy Award nomination and three Emmys have honored his work.
1940s: said to be from Immy, short for image orthicon tube (a kind of television camera tube).
More definitions of EmmyDefinition of Emmy in:
- The British & World English dictionary