Definition of English Canadian in English:
A Canadian whose principal language is English.
- There are many more French Canadians who learn English as a second language than English Canadians who learn French.
- Because of the similarity of American and Canadian accents, English Canadians travelling abroad are virtually resigned to being taken for Americans.
- Canada was built on co-operation between diverse cultural groups, specifically French and English Canadians, who united to throw off the imperial British rule.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to English-speaking Canadians.
- He co-translated a dozen of the plays and brought them to English-Canadian audiences for the first time.
- What the minister has not learnt from a quick study of Canadian film history is that English-Canadian films represented less than one per cent of screen time in 1924.
- Even in Quebec, where he certainly has the respect of critics, the public does not respond to his works with overwhelming support; and among English-Canadian readers and filmgoers he is virtually unknown.
Definition of English Canadian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.