Definition of Estonian in English:
1A native or inhabitant of Estonia, or a person of Estonian descent.
- Four groups of people lived peacefully side-by-side, Estonians, Russians, German and Jews.
- We talk to Finns, Estonians and various other Europeans.
- Other ethnic groups often found in Latvia include Belarussians, Estonians, Germans, Gypsies, Jews, Lithuanians, Poles, and Ukrainians.
2The Finno-Ugric language of Estonia, closely related to Finnish.
- He writes his own lyrics, but it's virtually impossible to say in what language as he borrows words from Estonian, Finnish, and even throws in his own made-up vocabulary.
- Instead, it is more like Finnish, Estonian, and a few languages spoken in remote parts of Russia.
- Deterred by the prospect of finding interpreters who could deal with such combinations as Portuguese to Estonian or Finnish to Slovene, Brussels ruled new translators only need to render documents into English, French and German.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Estonia, its people, or their language.
- The first book in the Estonian language was produced in 1525.
- Sightseeing round the old town later on, they encountered a group of Estonian skinheads coming the other way.
- One of the most interesting upcoming events is the visit from Estonian animator Priit Parn on September 27.
Words that rhyme with EstonianAberdonian, Amazonian, Apollonian, Babylonian, Baconian, Bostonian, Caledonian, Catalonian, Chalcedonian, Ciceronian, Devonian, draconian, Etonian, gorgonian, Ionian, Johnsonian, Laconian, Macedonian, Miltonian, Newtonian, Oregonian, Oxonian, Patagonian, Plutonian, Tennysonian, Tobagonian, Washingtonian
Definition of Estonian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.