- The more rigorous of two principal divisions of the Plymouth Brethren (the other being the Open Brethren). The Exclusive Brethren restrict their contact with outsiders and with modern technology.More example sentences
- The Exclusive Brethren are an Evangelical Protestant Christian church related to the Christian or Open Brethren.
- The Exclusive Brethren is a religious community which is very exclusive, and imposes severe restrictions of its members.
- In his introduction, he writes of being raised in the Exclusive Brethren, a small Christian sect that shunned all contact with outsiders; as a child, he was even required to eat apart from the other children at school.
More definitions of Exclusive BrethrenDefinition of Exclusive Brethren in:
- The British & World English dictionary