- A French-made guided anti-ship missile.More example sentences
- The Argentinians had no previous experience with antiship missiles, and the Exocet was a complicated and cranky weapon.
- The company names its fireworks after missiles, including the Exocet and Tomahawk.
- Likewise, the French enjoyed an excellent relationship with Iraq, with Mirage fighters, Exocets, surface-to-air, and anti-tank missiles following behind the nuclear plant in 1981-9.
1970s: from French, literally 'flying fish', via Latin from Greek ekōkoitos 'fish that comes up on the beach' (literally 'out of bed').
More definitions of ExocetDefinition of Exocet in:
- The British & World English dictionary