- The Finno-Ugric language of the Finns, spoken in Finland and in parts of Russia and Sweden.More example sentences
- There's an urban myth that you get better service at Helsinki upmarket shops if you speak Swedish instead of Finnish.
- Until he was about eight years old he spoke no Finnish.
- When one of the children spoke Finnish, they were all lined up and had their ears boxed one by one.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Finns or their language.More example sentences
- He obtained a PhD in both philology and theology and possessed great knowledge of both the Sami and Finnish languages.
- There's nothing whatsoever guessable about the Finnish language.
- The Spaniard gained almost four seconds on the Finnish competitor, who was chasing him for fourth spot on the leaderboard.
More definitions of FinnishDefinition of Finnish in:
- The British & World English dictionary