- A hard durable plastic laminate used for countertops, cupboard doors, and other surfaces.More example sentences
- To fill these unique homes, unique furnishings were needed and aiding designers of the time was a host of new materials to work with: plastic, vinyl, fiberglass, aluminum, PVC and Formica.
- Solid-surface counter tops have replaced Formica, and plastic partitions have replaced the rusted metal.
- With layers of paint applied to Formica over plywood, the surface has become matte black with the exception of one long, shiny black stripe that streaks down the middle of the work.
1920s: of unknown origin.
More definitions of FormicaDefinition of Formica in:
- The British & World English dictionary