Definition of Franconian in English:
Of or relating to Franconia or its inhabitants.
- The appeal of Franconian wine was undoubtedly heightened from this period by its being bottled in distinctive round flat flagons, known as Bocksbeutel.
- Perhaps it reminds you of Frankenmuth and the other Franconian settlements in Michigan.
- Even within Germany, the use of Bavarian, Swabian, or even Franconian dialect in lyrics signaled increased regional self-awareness in the face of linguistic homogenization.
nounBack to top
1A native or inhabitant of Franconia.
- Germany, with the extraordinarily varied and distinct cultures of the Lander is an example to us all: a Bavarian would hate to be taken for a Prussian, a citizen of Lubeck would not want to be mistaken for a Franconian.
- Konrad Volkert went his own way as a passionate artist who portrayed his beloved Franconian homeland, the region with Nuremberg as its cultural and economic center.
- All of them were written down from Franconians and mirror mostly their point of view which is biased.
Definition of Franconian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.