- 1A Canadian whose principal language is French.More example sentences
- For example, if the coaching and management staff of certain teams hold negative views toward French Canadians, then French Canadians are likely to be underrepresented on those teams.
- In this regard, Longley hypothesizes that the historical tensions between French Canadians and English Canadians may be at the root of the issue.
- Women are urged to keep fertility rates high, to maintain the political weight of French Canadians in the Canadian federation.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to French-speaking Canadians or their language.More example sentences
- We shot the picture in Montreal with a French-Canadian crew.
- In the late '70s, French-Canadian teen singer René Simard tried to break into the English market with a variety show.
- Jerry's wife, Maria, the daughter of a French-Canadian mother and a Filipino father, helps run the shop.
More definitions of French CanadianDefinition of French Canadian in:
- The British & World English dictionary