Definition of French Canadian in English:
1A Canadian whose principal language is French.
- For example, if the coaching and management staff of certain teams hold negative views toward French Canadians, then French Canadians are likely to be underrepresented on those teams.
- In this regard, Longley hypothesizes that the historical tensions between French Canadians and English Canadians may be at the root of the issue.
- Women are urged to keep fertility rates high, to maintain the political weight of French Canadians in the Canadian federation.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to French-speaking Canadians or their language.
- We shot the picture in Montreal with a French-Canadian crew.
- In the late '70s, French-Canadian teen singer René Simard tried to break into the English market with a variety show.
- Jerry's wife, Maria, the daughter of a French-Canadian mother and a Filipino father, helps run the shop.
Definition of French Canadian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan