nounchiefly North American
- 1A door with glass panes throughout its length.More example sentences
- The result is an unobstructed view from the front door through the rear French doors to the massive fireplace.
- Each pane of glass in a French door is referred to as a light.
- Glass panelled French doors lead through to the dining room, which has space for a table to seat ten and enjoys garden views.
- 1.1A French window.More example sentences
- The master bedroom has a relaxation zone by the fireplace and the French doors, which open to a deck.
- Throw in patio and French doors, and you can see that the traditional rectangle is not the only story when it comes to covering your windows.
- A wall of windows with French doors leading to a patio gave Jody the light she wanted while also providing access to the garden.
More definitions of French doorDefinition of French door in:
- The British & World English dictionary