Definition of French door in English:
nounchiefly North American
1A door with glass panes throughout its length.
- The result is an unobstructed view from the front door through the rear French doors to the massive fireplace.
- Each pane of glass in a French door is referred to as a light.
- Glass panelled French doors lead through to the dining room, which has space for a table to seat ten and enjoys garden views.
1.1A French window.
- The master bedroom has a relaxation zone by the fireplace and the French doors, which open to a deck.
- Throw in patio and French doors, and you can see that the traditional rectangle is not the only story when it comes to covering your windows.
- A wall of windows with French doors leading to a patio gave Jody the light she wanted while also providing access to the garden.
Definition of French door in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan