- Shellac polish that produces a high gloss on wood.More example sentences
- Various proprietary products are sold as French polish, unusually consisting of an alcoholic solution of shellac resin with a variety of additives intended to ease application or increase brightness.
- I knew a French polisher who worked in the yard and he made up his French polish at home and brought it into work each day so no-one would know the recipe for his polish.
- I'm presenting just an illustration of what French polish actually is, and how I approach it.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Treat (wood) with French polish.More example sentences
- Once you feel confident with the technique, you can then begin to French polish the actual instrument.
- Never French polish in high humidity because the water in the air will become trapped beneath the surface.
More definitions of French polishDefinition of French polish in:
- The British & World English dictionary