verb (Frenchifies, Frenchifying, Frenchified)[with object] (usually as adjective Frenchified) often • derogatory
- Make French in form, character, or manners: she pronounced it without the Frenchified accentMore example sentences
- She concludes: ‘I'd say Australian English is no more likely to be Americanised than English English is to be Frenchified.’
- One of Thurman's patrons, Alain Locke, recognized the decadent, Frenchified spirit of the 1890s behind Thurman's work, but he did not think it black enough, or decent enough, to advance the political goals of the Renaissance.
- ‘Zh’ works better as a French pronunciation than ‘j’ does, and Americans seem to have a fondness for Frenchifying all foreign words.
More definitions of FrenchifyDefinition of Frenchify in:
- The British & World English dictionary