- A Franciscan friar.More example sentences
- The Greyfriars, or Friars Minor, were established in Ipswich early in the reign of Edward I; in 1284 townsman Robert de Orford bequeathed them a small sum of money.
- Nowadays, it is often forgotten that without the Friars Minor the Tridentine Rite may have passed away centuries ago.
- In January 1293 the same archbishop licensed the warden of the Friars Minor of Nottingham to absolve persons who had been guilty of violence against clerks.
so named because the Franciscans regarded themselves as of humbler rank than members of other orders.
More definitions of Friar MinorDefinition of Friar Minor in:
- The British & World English dictionary