noun (plural same)
- 1A member of a people living in a region of West Africa from Senegal to northern Nigeria and Cameroon. They are traditionally nomadic cattle herders of Muslim faith.More example sentences
- The dry, open grasslands of the savanna make cereal farming and herding a way of life for the Hausa and the Fulani.
- The social structure of the pastoral Fulani is egalitarian, in marked contrast to that of other Muslim groups, such as the Hausa, and to most sedentary Fulani.
- There, in 1898, he raised the West African Frontier Force, which prevented French and German expansion in the area, and defeated the Fulani.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Fulani or their language.More example sentences
- Today, some estimate as many as 18 million Fulani people stretch across the countries of West Africa.
- Today, traditional Fulani culture is disappearing and leaving the Fulani in many places marginalised.
- They began migrating across Africa and gave birth to children who founded the various Fulani groups.
the name in Hausa.
More definitions of FulaniDefinition of Fulani in:
- The British & World English dictionary