noun (plural G-men)US • informal
- An FBI agent.More example sentences
- The violence problem was overcome with relative ease by shifting from one side of the law to the other, from gangsters to G-men as the agents of male power and authority.
- Not only was he the biggest mystery in the biggest political scandal of the last century, he was a star G-man during the FBI's glory days during the J. Edgar Hoover era.
- But in addition to the G-man at the door, another agent stood off to one side.
1930s: probably an abbreviation of Government man.
More definitions of G-manDefinition of G-man in:
- The British & World English dictionary