Definition of GTi in English:
Denoting a high-performance car with a fuel-injected engine: a Peugeot 205 GTi
More example sentences
- Where it is a definite winner is in its performance, designed to be appreciated by GTi car drivers.
- Only one engine gets the special GTi badge, a 2-litre 200 bhp FSi.
- It is a small car with cute looks, the first to wear the famous GTi badge, and its punchy pocket rocket engine producing 125 bhp is a real adrenaline gusher.
nounBack to top
A high-performance car with a fuel-injected engine.
- You could argue that the sport of ram-raiding would never have come into existence without the GTi.
- The transverse layout and DSG gearbox of the GTi means the 4motion/quattro drive system can't be incorporated.
- Although the GTi is all about performance it is still relatively high in the economy stakes, returning a combined figure of 38.2mpg, generally down to its lightweight and aerodynamic shape.
late 20th century: from GT + i for injection.
Definition of GTi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan