noun[treated as singular or plural]
- 1.1 (plural Gardai /-ˈdē/) A member of the Irish police force.More example sentences
- There is speculation he may have also been working for the Garda - the Irish police.
- He was subsequently arrested by a heroic Garda and some members of the local community.
- The unit is attached to community policing and Gardai cyclists will carry out the full range of Garda duties.
from Irish Garda Síochána 'Civic Guard'.
More definitions of GardaDefinition of Garda in:
- The British & World English dictionary