- A rapid-fire, crank-driven gun with a cylindrical cluster of several barrels. The first practical machine gun, it was officially adopted by the US Army in 1866.More example sentences
- For almost four decades the Ordnance Department procured a small number of Gatlings.
- On offer are two handguns, a shotgun, a machine gun, a Gatling gun, a grenade launcher, a rocket launcher and a plasma rifle.
- As the rush proceeded, the companies of Jackson and Trimble advanced with a Gatling gun and the two howitzers to the brow of the bluff and opened a brisk but ineffective fire on the retreating tribesmen.
named after Richard J. Gatling (1818–1903), its American inventor.
More definitions of Gatling gunDefinition of Gatling gun in:
- The British & World English dictionary