- 1 • historical A political official governing a district under Nazi rule.More example sentences
- He may feel revulsion at Hitler's lack of humanity; he may despise the boorishness of the Nazi Gauleiters.
- He erected his strategy into a ‘shield philosophy’ protecting France from the possible rule of a Gauleiter.
- On 18 September Himmler wrote to the Gauleiter in Warthegau, Greiser, informing him.
1930s: German, from Gau 'administrative district' + Leiter 'leader'.
More definitions of GauleiterDefinition of Gauleiter in:
- The British & World English dictionary