- another term for normal distribution.More example sentences
- In order to solve concrete problems Aleksandrov had to replace the Gaussian geometry of regular surfaces by a much more general theory.
- The intensity, width, and center of the diffraction peaks were obtained from a fit with a Gaussian bell curve.
- In a random matrix, the rows and columns are filled with numbers randomly selected from a normal, or Gaussian, distribution.
early 20th century: named after Karl Gauss (see Gauss, Karl Friedrich), who described it.
More definitions of Gaussian distributionDefinition of Gaussian distribution in:
- The British & World English dictionary