- 1A variety of white grape grown mainly in the Alsace, Austria, and the Rhine valley.More example sentences
- The most adaptable varieties were brought from Europe and, in descending order of total acreage in the mid 1990s, the state's white vinifera varieties were Chardonnay, Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Blanc, and Sauvignon Blanc.
- The style of wines is dry, subtle and elegant with the emphasis on mainly white aromatic grapes: Gewürztraminer, Riesling, and Pinot Gris.
- The Alsace varietals seem to be the most consistent, with Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Riesling and Gewürztraminer leading the charge.
- 1.1A wine made from the Gewürztraminer grape.More example sentences
- If you thought the best wines for Asian food were Rieslings and Gewürztraminers, think again.
- Some Gewürztraminers are so heavy you can barely lift them off the table.
- As stated, it's similar in its aromatic complexities to a Gewürztraminer.
German, from Gewürz 'spice' + Traminer.
More definitions of GewürztraminerDefinition of Gewürztraminer in:
- The British & World English dictionary