A minor phylum of minute marine worms that appear to be intermediate between coelenterates and flatworms.
More example sentences
- The lower metazoan groups Gastrotricha and Gnathostomulida, but also Onychophora, Annelida, Mollusca, and Enteropneusta would be the most relevant taxa.
- Also unresolved are the phylogenetic positions of Cycloneuralia, Chaetognatha, Gnathostomulida, Cycliophora, and Micrognathozoa.
- This is strikingly illustrated if we just consider character choice in two subsequent publications by the same research group, for example, for placing the ‘acoelomate’ worms, Platyhelminthes, Nemertea, and Gnathostomulida.
- More example sentences
- Perversely, they failed to include any sequences from rotifers, gnathostomulids, chaetognaths, or, in fact, anything that might actually be comparable to Acanthocephala.
- How many are familiar with the more obscure groups such as gnathostomulids, kinorhynchs, priapulids and cycliophorans?
- The gnathostomulid body can be divided into a head and a trunk, and in some cases a small offset tail.
Pronunciation: /ˌnaTHəˈstōmyəlid, ˌnā-/noun & adjective
Definition of Gnathostomulida in:
- The British & World English dictionary