noun• informal • humorous
- 1A particularly enormous example (of something): a Godzilla of a condominium towerMore example sentences
- It's the attack of the 50-foot art-film-fusion monster - a Godzilla of cinematic conceit!
- This must rate as the Godzilla of all teen strops.
- The closer you get to the top of the supply chain, the more you face the two Godzillas of the industry Delphi and Visteon.
- 2A person or thing likened to a frightful and menacing creature: Don’t let Nurse Godzilla catch you. She’ll raise holy hellMore example sentences
- And then Auntie Kim would turn into a raging, female Godzilla and possibly endanger the species of mankind forever.
- Grown men jumped up and ran away, crying ‘dog’, making us look at the mutt at the end of the leash to see if it had instantly metamorphosed into a doggie Godzilla.
- Sure it may be robots taking care of the elderly now but it's not a far cry from a robotic Godzilla taking over the world!
from the name of a huge prehistoric monster featured in a series of Japanese films from 1954.
More definitions of GodzillaDefinition of Godzilla in:
- The British & World English dictionary