- A type of rich, strong-flavored Italian cheese with bluish-green veins.More example sentences
- No need to make a special cheese sauce, simply stir in easy-melt cheeses such as Gorgonzola and mascarpone and some crème fraîche.
- The cheese plants produce several types of specialty cheeses including traditional Swiss, baby Swiss, smoked Swiss, cream cheese, Neufchatel cheese, Danish-style blue cheese and Gorgonzola.
- You'll need a soft ripened cheese, such as Brie or boursault; a firm cheese, such as an aged cheddar or Parmesan; and a blue cheese, such as Roquefort or Gorgonzola.
named after Gorgonzola, a village in northern Italy, where it was originally made.
More definitions of GorgonzolaDefinition of Gorgonzola in:
- The British & World English dictionary