- A dramatic entertainment of a sensational or horrific nature, originally a sequence of short pieces as performed at the Grand Guignol theater in Paris.More example sentences
- The result was a Grand Guignol operetta chock full of hissable villains, throat slashings, and narrow escapes, but also a commentary on the inherent evil of society.
- The outcome is a Grand Guignol climax of jealous revenge.
- Sure it was a Grand Guignol of grindhouse violence, but ‘Bill’ is an elegantly structured work of B movie genius.
French, literally 'Great Punch'.
More definitions of Grand GuignolDefinition of Grand Guignol in:
- The British & World English dictionary