- A southern Indian alphabet dating from the 5th century ad, used by Tamil Brahmans when writing Sanskrit transcriptions of their sacred books.More example sentences
- One such manuscript in Sanskrit written in Grantha script is of the Ramayan.
- Consider, for example, that the King has his own brahmin priest of Thai ancestry, or that the Thai script is based upon the South Indian Grantha script.
- Tamil has two written forms - Vattelluttu (round script) which is used for everyday, and Grantha, a traditional script.
from Sanskrit grantha (see Adi Granth).
More definitions of GranthaDefinition of Grantha in:
- The British & World English dictionary