- Of or relating to ancient Greece, especially its architecture.More example sentences
- During 800 BC Alexander the Great conquered the Grecian Empire of city-states and Greece became part of the Macedonian Empire.
- Secondly, since the terms ‘gay’ and ‘homosexual’ did not actually exist in ancient Grecian society, it is therefore impossible to label Alexander's sexuality under such terms.
- A trip to Turkey is a romantic experience in which one finds the past everywhere to be savoured: awe-inspiring mosques, Grecian amphitheatres, statues, and a subterranean city.
late Middle English: from Old French grecien, from Latin Graecia 'Greece'.
More definitions of GrecianDefinition of Grecian in:
- The British & World English dictionary