- A firm, tangy cheese.More example sentences
- Try radicchio and Roquefort, or watercress and Gruyère.
- Crispy, buttery cornflakes top a baking dish of subtly oniony mac and cheese made with Gruyère, Gouda, white cheddar and béchamel - a gourmet-sounding mix that turns out creamy and surprisingly modest.
- Unlike Gruyère, Emmental has a dry rind free from micro-organisms.
named after Gruyère, a district in Switzerland, where it was first made.
More definitions of GruyèreDefinition of Gruyère in:
- The British & World English dictionary