Definition of Gurmukhi in English:
1The script used by Sikhs for writing Punjabi.
- The letter E in the Sikh script, Gurmukhi, is pronounced Ong and signifies the first intimations of the Divinity to the human mind.
- ‘In parts of East Punjab, the script used by traders, which later came to be known as Gurmukhi, held sway,’ Dr Bhutta explained.
- Curiously, Gurmukhi is the original script of the Punjabi language which is spoken by nearly 7 crore people of Western Punjab, the most dominant province of Pakistan.
1.1The Punjabi language as written in Gurmukhi.
- English is my main language of preference although I can speak Punjabi and read Gurmukhi.
- For the first time, Sikh community calligraphers joined Japanese calligraphers in writing messages of Peace and Friendship in Gurmukhi on beautiful Japanese lanterns.
- The languages on offer include Malyalam, Gujarati, Hindi, Gurmukhi, Tamil and Bengali.
Definition of Gurmukhi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan