- another name for leprosy.More example sentences
- He discovered the leprosy bacillus in 1873, a cousin of the tuberculosis bacillus, and the disease is often called Hansen's disease.
- Known for its disfiguring skin lesions and potentially debilitating nerve damage, leprosy, or Hansen's disease, is a very difficult disease to transmit.
- They prefer their disease to be called Hansen's disease not leprosy, and the disease can be easily cured.
1930s: named after Gerhard H. A. Hansen (1841–1912), the Norwegian physician who discovered the causative agent of the disease.
More definitions of Hansen's diseaseDefinition of Hansen's disease in:
- The British & World English dictionary