- 1A member of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, a religious sect based mainly in the US and other Western countries. Its devotees typically wear saffron robes, favor celibacy, practice vegetarianism, and chant mantras based on the name of the Hindu god Krishna.More example sentences
- He's a Perth guy, became a Hare Krishna, changed his name, and travelled all around the world.
- I have experienced that to a lesser degree in my life - being condemned for being a Hare Krishna, for being different and incomprehensible.
- I know someone down the hall whose granddaughter shaved her head and became a Hare Krishna.
- 1.1The sect to which Hare Krishnas belong; the International Society for Krishna Consciousness.More example sentences
- Frank's sister Yvonne and her Ghanaian husband, Shastra, live next to a Hare Krishna temple in a rain forest outside Accra.
- I ended up in a squat in Amsterdam and started going to a Hare Krishna temple.
- So now I am the proud owner of some Hare Krishna meditation tome with no English text whatsoever.
1960s: Sanskrit, literally 'O Vishnu Krishna', the words of a devotional chant.
More definitions of Hare KrishnaDefinition of Hare Krishna in:
- The British & World English dictionary