Definition of Hellenic in English:
- Amidst all the racket that gets generated in this convivial establishment on a good night, it's easy to forget they serve great Greek entrées, appetizers and other Hellenic treats.
- The Hellenic club is a miserable place where old Greek men go to play darts.
- The story of Jesus was more believable, his conclusions and teachings were more sensible and relevant, and the New Testament applied to a broader range of individuals than the Old Testament or Hellenic belief systems.
1.1 Archaeology Relating to or denoting Iron Age and Classical Greek culture (between Helladic and Hellenistic).
- White dresses, smocks and crisscrossed leather sandals inspired by the Hellenic age traveled somberly down the runway, as American flags fluttered from the ceiling.
- A half-mile square section of the ancient Hellenic city of Olvia was recently cleared out by thieves looking for valuables to sell.
- It was a bit unusual to find a Hellenic civilisation 50 miles off the South West coast of the USA like that.
nounBack to top
1.1The Greek language.
- I am sure that you will discover that you actually speak much more Hellenic that you thought, and that Greek is not so "Greek to you" after all!
Definition of Hellenic in:
- British & World English dictionary