- A small phylum of marine invertebrates that comprises the acorn worms.More example sentences
- The superphylum Deuterostomia contains the diverse phyla Chordata and Echinodermata and the minor phyla Hemichordata and Urochordata.
- The superphyla Deuterostomia (e.g., Chordata, Echinodermata, Hemichordata) and Protostomia each appear to have evolved from an ancestor with a coelomic body cavity.
- Metamorphosis in the acorn worms (Hemichordata, Enteropneusta) includes retention of the entire larval body, which sheds feeding and propulsory cilia and undergoes definitive shape changes.
More definitions of HemichordataDefinition of Hemichordata in:
- The British & World English dictionary