noun (plural Herren /ˈhe(ə)rən/)
- 1A title or form of address used of or to a German-speaking man, corresponding to Mr. and also used before a rank or occupation: good morning, Herr Weber my trip with the Herr Doktor was postponedMore example sentences
- When Herr Bott left Lahore to join the forces of Adolf Hitler in 1940, he was only 18 years old and was fired with a patriotism that bordered on ‘rashness’ as he now jovially recalls.
- Coun Bullinger was joined by the two boys, 22 other pupils, parents and teachers Mrs Rubesamen and her colleague Herr Lendzian, who brings his class to London in October.
- Well, one time in German class, Herr Holstein told me I needed to control my ADD.
German, from Old High German hērro, comparative of hēr 'exalted'.
More definitions of HerrDefinition of Herr in:
- The British & World English dictionary