- (In the Roman Catholic Church) formerly, a mass with full ceremonial, including music and incense and typically having the assistance of a deacon and subdeacon.More example sentences
- The Kyrie-Christe eleison, the Sanctus and the Agnus Dei are repeated three times in the course of a Low Mass and in addition, in the course of a High Mass, the censer is swung three times to waft incense over altar, servers and people.
- I am almost certain that it is Anglican, but I was somewhat confused by the noticeboard outside advertising High Mass and Low Mass, and, inside the smell of incense.
- Over the past seven days, more than 600 people came to hear Pope John Paul sing a High Mass.
More definitions of High MassDefinition of High Mass in:
- The British & World English dictionary