- Animals of a shaggy-haired breed of cattle with long, curved, widely spaced horns.More example sentences
- Animals with heavy coats, such as Highland cattle and Galloways, were the most prone to problems.
- But it is on the vast areas of poor mountain land with high annual rainfall and bitter winds that Highland cattle thrive where no other cattle could exist.
- Glasgow City Council's stock of 113 Highland cattle means public access to the park has been restricted, and treks round the estate have been halted.
More definitions of Highland cattleDefinition of Highland cattle in:
- The British & World English dictionary