- A vigorous Scottish dance consisting of a series of complex steps performed solo, originally to celebrate victory.More example sentences
- Other numbers featured the Highland fling, a lively Scottish folk dance complete with bagpipes, but combined with elements of ballroom dance, modern dance and even disco, with the troupe members decked out in various glitzy costumes.
- At one point they do a Gay Gordons and then a sort of Highland fling.
- The men donned kilts, while the women joined in reels and Highland flings.
More definitions of Highland flingDefinition of Highland fling in:
- The British & World English dictionary