Definition of Himalayan in English:
Of or relating to the Himalayas: the Himalayan foothills
More example sentences
- Her Radio 4 has tended to be rolling foothills rather than Himalayan peaks.
- He is no longer the hermit of Andretta, the village in the Himalayan foothills to which he has often retreated, to reflect, write and paint.
- The river continues its drop through the Himalayan foothills.
nounBack to top
North American A cat of a long-haired breed having blue eyes and a pale coat with dark points, developed by crossing Persian and Siamese cats.
- Of that total, 62 percent were ‘Persians,’ a designation that includes Himalayans and colorpoint carriers.
- They were absolutely adorable, little Himalayans and Siamese.
- We had two Himalayans and the only way to keep them from getting matted was to bathe them.
Definition of Himalayan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan