Definition of Hindi in English:
A form of Hindustani written in Devanagari and with many loanwords from Sanskrit, an official language of India, and the most widely spoken language of northern India.
- Though Hindi is the official language in almost all of India's states, many people do not speak or understand it.
- She does not realise that in India Urdu is called Hindi, and Urdu and Hindi are the same language.
- It is home to people of different national origins whose first languages include Somali, Hindi, Urdu and Bengali.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to Hindi.
- I phonetically learn lyrics of Hindi songs and I am an avid admirer of Shahrukh Khan's eyebrows.
- Like me, Umerbhai liked old Hindi films, particularly their melodious music.
- He wants to tickle the funny bone of the audience with either his histrionics or by mimicking the legends of Hindi cinema.
Definition of Hindi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan