- A form of Hindustani written in Devanagari and with many loanwords from Sanskrit, an official language of India, and the most widely spoken language of northern India.More example sentences
- Though Hindi is the official language in almost all of India's states, many people do not speak or understand it.
- She does not realise that in India Urdu is called Hindi, and Urdu and Hindi are the same language.
- It is home to people of different national origins whose first languages include Somali, Hindi, Urdu and Bengali.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to Hindi.More example sentences
- I phonetically learn lyrics of Hindi songs and I am an avid admirer of Shahrukh Khan's eyebrows.
- Like me, Umerbhai liked old Hindi films, particularly their melodious music.
- He wants to tickle the funny bone of the audience with either his histrionics or by mimicking the legends of Hindi cinema.
More definitions of HindiDefinition of Hindi in:
- The British & World English dictionary