noun (plural Hindus)
- A follower of Hinduism.More example sentences
- Therefore those sounds of words of Vedas and Upanishads are very important to Hindus.
- Whenever a Hindu inquires about other Hindus, what he actually wants to know is their caste.
- The most obvious example of change, is the change of dress of Hindus from dhoti to trousers.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to Hindus or Hinduism.More example sentences
- Lord Shiva the destroyer, is one of the three primary Hindu deities or Trimurti.
- In fact fighting for the weak and exploited is the most important Hindu dharma.
- It is uttered in the beginning as well as at the end of all Hindu prayers.
Urdu, from Persian hindū, from Hind 'India'.
More definitions of HinduDefinition of Hindu in:
- The British & World English dictionary