Definition of Hinduism in English:
Hinduism is practiced primarily in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal. It is a diverse family of devotional and ascetic cults and philosophical schools, all sharing a belief in reincarnation and involving the worship of one or more of a large pantheon of gods and goddesses, including Shiva and Vishnu (incarnate as Rama and Krishna), Kali, Durga, Parvati, and Ganesh. Hindu society was traditionally based on a caste system
- Should we not wonder why masses of people are changing their religions and abandoning Hinduism?
- Thapar even doubts whether Hinduism as a religion really existed until recent times.
- It can therefore safely be said that this teaching of Manu was against Hinduism.
- Example sentences
- He led the campaign to Hinduize education in public schools and universities.
- Tampering with the Indian history with the motive of Hinduising it is not a new trend.
- What they want is a ‘Hinduised society’, what they desire is a sense of ‘Gujaratiness’ deriving from an aggressive Hindu identity.
Definition of Hinduism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.