- 1(Chiefly in the Roman Catholic Church) Maundy Thursday.More example sentences
- To date the attendance has been fantastic and this novena will run until Holy Thursday.
- Relatively short by this pope's standards, the new encyclical, issued this past Holy Thursday, is unique in its personal tone and urgency.
- On Holy Thursday morning, housewives, when they heard the ringing of church bells, used to take pots from the stove and place them on the floor, making the sign of the cross.
- 2 • dated (In the Anglican Church) Ascension Day.More example sentences
- There will be no whist drive on Holy Thursday night due to church ceremonies.
More definitions of Holy ThursdayDefinition of Holy Thursday in:
- The British & World English dictionary