Definition of Homoptera in English:
1A group of true bugs comprising those in which the forewings are uniform in texture. Plant bugs such as aphids, whitefly, scale insects, and cicadas belong to this group. Compare with Heteroptera.
- Suborder Homoptera, order Hemiptera
- Diets of little brown myotis and eastern pipistrelles were highly diverse, consuming an even proportion of six orders of insects including Coleoptera, Hemiptera, Lepidoptera, Homoptera, Diptera, Hymenoptera, and Tricoptera.
- This is common in many insect groups, most notably the Hemiptera / Homoptera (waterstriders, planthoppers and aphids), Coleoptera and, Orthoptera (crickets and grasshoppers).
- This has since been found to be a Wolbachia-induced trait in a wide diversity of arthropod orders, including Acarina, Coleoptera, Homoptera, Hymenoptera, Isoptera, Lepidoptera, and Orthoptera.
Definition of Homoptera in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.