- A shantytown built by unemployed and destitute people during the Depression of the early 1930s.More example sentences
- If the Great Depression brought forth Hoovervilles, these trailer towns may someday be known as Bushvilles.
- Homeless migrants drive into towns and were directed to Hoovervilles, shantytowns.
- Like Depression-era Hoovervilles, these encampments take on an air of semipermanence by the end of the tournament.
More definitions of HoovervilleDefinition of Hooverville in:
- The British & World English dictionary