Definition of Hungarian in English:
1A native or inhabitant of Hungary.
- His passing will be mourned by the Greeks, Croats, Hungarians, Italians and any other ethnic group you can name.
- There are two opposing theories as to the origin of the Magyars, or native Hungarians.
- According to the national self-image, Hungarians are wine drinkers, but beer drinking is more common.
2An Ugric language, the official language of Hungary, spoken also in Romania. Also called Magyar.
- Finnish is one of the most isolated languages of Europe, distantly related to Hungarian and Turkish but spoken by very few non-Finns.
- However, Dr Rogers will continue to maintain interest in the college and may write books in Hungarian.
- In 1920 Hungarian was spoken by three-quarters of the population, but by 1971 only one-quarter of the population could speak the language.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Hungary, its people, or their language.
- The four main hurdles confronting an overseas investor in the Hungarian market are language, property law and title, bank funding and ongoing management of the property.
- The worm sends infected messages in Hungarian language.
- He is, however, a student of the Hungarian language.
Words that rhyme with Hungarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definition of Hungarian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia