noun (plural same or Ibibios)
- 1A member of a people of southern Nigeria.More example sentences
- This kind of caste system is also found among the Yoruba and the Ibibios.
- Other large ethnic groups include the Ibibio, the Ijaw, the Kanuri, the Nupe, and the Tiv.
- The Ibibio primarily live in the Cross River State of southeastern Nigeria.
- 2The Benue-Congo language of the Ibibio, closely related to Efik.More example sentences
- English is the official language; however, Yoruba, Ibo, and Hausa represent the principal languages, joined by Kanuri, Fulani, Nupe, Tiv, Edo, Ijaw and Ibibio.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Ibibio or their language.More example sentences
- This finely rendered male Ibibio marionette is relatively naturalistic in form, with rounded muscular contours.
- North of this coastal area occupied by Delta, Ogoni, and Ibibio peoples is the hinterland dominated by the Igbo.
- Its origin is ascribed to two local slave dealers who traveled beyond Arochukwu to the Ibibio area.
the name in Ibibio.
More definitions of IbibioDefinition of Ibibio in:
- The British & World English dictionary