Definition of Icelandic in English:
Of or relating to Iceland or its language.
- The Icelandic language resembles Russian just enough to emit a similar impression.
- On Friday, Scotland under-21s not only beat their Icelandic counterparts but secured the services of a talented prospect.
- Miller, Burchill and Icelandic teenager Thorarinsson are all, for now, short-term solutions, contracted until the end of the season.
nounBack to top
The North Germanic language of Iceland, which is very similar to Old Norse.
- The national language is Icelandic, a northern Germanic language with some resemblance to Middle English.
- Faroese is similar to Icelandic and stems from Old Norse.
- In our version, the Danes will be speaking English, and Grendel will be speaking Icelandic.
Words that rhyme with Icelandicheraldic • asdic
Definition of Icelandic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan