- An order of mammals that comprises the shrews, moles, hedgehogs, tenrecs, moonrats, and solenodons. They are distinguished by mainly terrestrial habits and an insectivorous diet.More example sentences
- Among the Insectivora, many of the talpid moles (order Insectivora, family Talpidae) of Eurasia and North America are fossorial.
- Once considered a divergent family of the order Insectivora, elephant shrews are now placed in their own order, the Macroscelidea.
- Members of one order, the Insectivora, feed almost entirely on invertebrates, especially insects.
More definitions of InsectivoraDefinition of Insectivora in:
- The British & World English dictionary