- An order of crustaceans that includes the terrestrial wood lice and several marine and freshwater parasites. They have a flattened segmented body with seven similar pairs of legs.More example sentences
- Neither Amphipoda nor Isopoda is known from the early Paleozoic when the Crustacea are generally represented in the fossil record by the valve-bearing Ostracoda.
- Since the Isopoda are not otherwise known as fossils until the Pennsylvanian, an isopod affinity for Esmeraldacaris would be unexpected.
- A good example is members of the Isopoda, which produce fully formed young.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek isos 'equal' + pous, pod- 'foot'.
More definitions of IsopodaDefinition of Isopoda in:
- The British & World English dictionary