noun (plural same or Issas)
- A member of a Somali people living in Djibouti.More example sentences
- However, the Issas presently dominate the government, civil service, and the ruling party, a situation that has bred resentment and political competition between the Somali Issas and the Afars.
- The Somali Issa have a creation myth that portrays their common ancestor - named Aqiil Abuu Taalib - as a holy man from Arabia.
- Afar have a traditional preference for patrilateral cross-cousin marriage; the Issa and other Somalis are less strict.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to the Issa.More example sentences
- All in all, Issa pieces are unique and definitely worth the second glance.
- The chamber of deputies consisted of 33 Issa representatives, and 32 Deputies of the Afar people.
- In traditional Afar and Issa beliefs, shaped by the continuity of patrilineal ideology, the soul of a deceased rejoins the ancestors, who are occasionally appealed to by the living descendants.
the name in Somali.
More definitions of IssaDefinition of Issa in:
- The British & World English dictionary